Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fahrenheit 451

If I had to memorize one book for the rest of my life because all the others were going to be burned, it would have to be The Great Gatsby. It’s the kind of book that when I finished it, I felt like a part of me was gone. The plot interested me to the point that I never wanted the book to end. I was dying to know what happened to Daisy and Tom after they disappeared. I also wanted to know if maybe Nick was going to start a over in a new city, and what happened to old Owl Eyes.
Gatsby was the first novel I read for school that I read with a critically and by doing so I feel more in love with the novel.The drama that went on was nail biting and fascinating. The over all theme of the corruption of greed got me to actually think how greed can apply to today's society as well.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! LOVE this book too :) I'm so glad you got so much out of it through critical reading.
    10/10

    ReplyDelete